Call today on (02) 8402 1202, or email us on email@example.com to find out more or to arrange the initial discussion
It is important to note that Focus Hearing is a full service audiology clinic and whilst the majority of our patients choose face to face consultations at our clinics, the current social distancing limitations and our busy lifestyles means we have had to adjust our services to best suit your needs.
It is for this reason, Focus Hearing has developed unique hearing aid packages designed to be fitted on-line in the comfort of your own home or office, combined with the full support and management from your Focus Hearing audiologist. This means that although you do not have to visit our clinic, we are still with you each step of the way.
Our packages include:
- Pair of hearing aids
- Programming device to be used during on line consultations
- Hearing test
- Programming to your unique hearing test results
- Instructions on how to best use and maximise performance of the hearing aids
- Follow up support appointments for 12 months
- Full three (3) year manufacturers warranty
- 45 day return policy
How It Works
We start with an initial online or telephone consultation to discuss your listening needs, past experience (if any) with hearing aids, various styles and technology options.
If you have have had a hearing test performed previously and you have a recent copy of your results, we can use this information to form the basis of our conversation.
Choose the Package that best suits your listening needs and budget. Focus Hearing will then send you your hearing aids and other items you require in anticipation of the fitting appointment (usually within a few days). Focus Hearing will schedule your next appointment at an agreed date and time
On-Line Fitting Appointment (approx 1 hour)
- We will explain the items we sent you and get you set up for the programming of your hearing aids.
- Perform a hearing test using the hearing aids and the Remote Care app
- Run the necessary checks to ensure the fit is optimal
- Explain how to best use the hearing aids eg general management, cleaning etc
- Run verification checks to ensure the hearing aids are performing optimally.
- Schedule next on-line follow-up appointment (usually in 1-2 weeks)
On-Line Follow Up Appointment
- Short discussion to ask how you have been managing since the fitting, answer any questions you have and to determine the benefits the hearing aids have been providing
- We will run through any issues that may have occurred and we will sort these out for you
- If necessary, the hearing aids will be adjusted and fine-tuned to best suit your results and your personal preferences.
- Schedule next follow up appointment (usually 6 weeks after the fitting appointment)
On-Line 2nd Follow Up Appointment
- Short discussion to see how you have been managing and answer any questions that you have
- If necessary, adjust or fine tune the hearing aids to your personal preferences
- Confirm the fitting has been successful and you wish to continue
Subsequent appointments will be scheduled whenever you require any assistance or adjustments. The cost for any appointments within the first 12 months are included in the initial cost of the hearing aid package.
Most, if not all of the major hearing aid manufacturer’s have had the option for the audiologist to connect to your hearing aids remotely via a smartphone app. However, this was mostly intended as fine-tuning of the hearing aid settings once it had been fitted and verified to be functioning optimally by the audiologist in the clinic.
Focus Hearing has had extensive experience in remote programming for a number of years now, and whilst remote programming has been a wonderful option for busy people or those unable to attend the clinic it has not been without certain limitations.
Widex, a Danish hearing aid manufacturer that has been producing market leading hearing aids since 1956, has developed a more complete on-line hearing aid fitting and support system using their Remote Care app. At Focus Hearing we consider the Widex system to be the most complete and suitable for the on-line environment.
For more information on how the Widex Remote Care system works, click on the brochure to the left.
Widex Remote Care includes essential on-line features to allow for a succcessful hearing aid fitting including:
- accurate hearing test
- feedback test (no whistling)
- hearing aid verification (to ensure the hearing aids are meeting requirements)
Things To Consider
If you have never had a hearing test before or never worn hearing aids we would recommend you be formally reviewed by the audiologist at Focus Hearing or at the very least your GP to ensure there is no medical reason for the hearing loss eg build up of wax in the canal which can be easily treated.
Receiver-In-Canal hearing aids (pictured here) are the most popular style of hearing aid fitted worldwide due to their excellent comfort, discreet style and superior sound quality and features. The RIC style is also best suited to our on-line packages.
If you would prefer an in-ear style hearing aid, you will need to visit our clinic to allow the audiologist to obtain an impression of your ear canal shape to then have the in-ear hearing made to that exact shape. Subsequent appointments with the Focus Hearing audiologist can be made on-line via the Widex Remote Care app
You or a family member need to own a Smartphone (iPhone or Android) and be familiar with setting up and using simple apps on your phone. But don’t worry if this sounds complicated, our audiologist can send you simple step by step guides on how to set this up
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play, and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc