CLINIC INFORMATION IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
During these unprecedented times we wanted to give you an update on how Focus Hearing is adhering to government guidelines.
Current information for our peak professional body, Audiology Australia, confirms: As an essential service providing health services to the community, audiologists can continue to provide services to their clients over this period. This is consistent with Federal Government advice as of 23 March 2020. However, Audiology Australia continues to monitor the situation if any advice on this matter changes
Therefore, Focus Hearing remains open under the current guidelines.
Being a health care provider, we have always maintained good hygiene and thorough cleaning of all equipment, however the current situation means we have stepped up this protocol as described below:
- Extended appointment times to ensure we run on time and therefore reduce the amount of time patients need to wait in waiting rooms, ie in most circumstances you will be seen at your allotted time (please do not arrive too early for your appointment)
- Hand sanitiser in waiting areas and clinic room
- Thorough cleaning of all equipment used between patients, including but not limited to headphones, patient response buttons, any equipment that comes into contact with the patient or clinician
- Upon request, or when deemed necessary our clinicians will wear a mask.
- Cleaning all desks and chairs with disinfectant spray between patients.
- Wherever possible we will post supplies, batteries, replacement parts to your home address
- Focus Hearing offers remote programming of compatible hearing aids, allowing the clinician to adjust the settings of your hearing aids via your Smartphone in the comfort of your own home.
- We can arrange phone or video conferencing (eg Skype) consultations
Lastly, we ask that if you have recently returned from overseas or are feeling unwell with cold or flu like symptoms to let us know prior to your appointment.